The miniature text at the bottom says: The recipient of this award has displayed the true Christmas spirit. This award came to me from Janah at So Not Mom-a-Licious. Thank you for giving me my first Blog award. I know she must have given me this award since I was whining during the SITS Christmas card festival that everybody had an award but ME. My complaining was so NOT in-the-spirit-of-Christmas, but I hope the Christmas spirit award was not totally based on pity though. Part of accepting the award is the following.
Rules: You must love Christmas and so must the person you give it to. List 5 things you love about Christmas. Link back to the person who gave it to you and then pass it along to as many as you like!My 5 Things I Love About Christmas, in no particular order are:
- The twinkling of itsy-bitsy dainty white lights on the Christmas tree with the house lights off.
- The refreshing and alive smell of a newly cut Christmas tree.
- The 100 lb. box of See's chocolate that we get from someone out there...I think it is only two lbs. but it's the double layer one and there's lots to go around.
- Looking forward to the eager face of my almost 2 year old and 4 year old as they go tearing into their gifts.
- FINALLY: The good thing that happens during the holidays that I was not expecting.
Red Pine Mountain where dreamy snowy horses run around and dig in the white drifts. What could be closer to Christmas for me than snow and horses! But she gets the Christmas Spirit award especially due to her Christmas Heros stories which are lovely reminders of what the holidays are really supposed to represent.
Grand Pooba since she has stayed faithful to a festive holiday theme on her posts and shown us that spelling is not a requirement to have the Christmas Spirit. The level of detailed effort to construct the "Christman Count Down" is unprecidented in my little world. And knowing she works for a company that gives kids what they want most, toy trucks colored yellow and black, i.e. Caterpillar yellow, gets her bonus points.