Sorry, the mystery animals have declined to be on display until next week. They are fickle that way. But instead I have something else to show and tell.
I can always rely on the CHICKENS to provide some good entertainment on our little property.
Well, it has happened again. That is the round up and lock down of our chickens.
They enjoy a free range existence during the fall and winter months and usually get to frolic where ever they please, BUT the warden has spoken. The fowl have been found guilty and confined to their chicken pen for the following offenses:
1. Rototilling our meager landscaping with their miniature bladed feet.
2. Pooping on my deck.
Eating the cat food.
4. Ripping up the weed matting from my landscaped areas.
5. Pooping on Suzi's patio.
6. Eating the cat food.
7. Laying eggs in unusual places.
9. Eating the cat food.
10. Clucking and crowing beneath my bedroom window.
11. Killing my seedling plants.
12. Eating the cat food.
13. Intimidating the cats.
You see, they've even taken to swarming the cats when it suits them...
But as always, turn around is fair play.
14. Allowing ones self to be caught and eaten by a great horned owl. (One of my favorite birds came up missing. There has been a lot of hooting happening at night so I am drawing my own conclusions here about the missing bird.)
I am not holding anything against them, obviously. You see they are a roaming pack of marauding peckers who have nothing on their mind but partying and destruction. I'd hate to see what they do to hotel room.
But we had to draw the line in the sand and reclaim what is rightfully ours. These birds are a guilty flock of foul fowl. So slam the door and throw away the keys on the Chicken Nation. There!
Rising from the ashes of five years toil on a new house and property is a mom with more to write regarding the primitive survival skills acq...
I ask you gentle reader, "How much would you pay for a lasagna?" because I have been faced with this daunting brain teaser over th...
We celebrated my son's birthday today and I just HAD to share the cupcakes I made. I love the pirate cupcake liners I found in the groce...
I see the glittering diamonds in the dirt, among the dead grasses, and peeking out from the fallen oak leaves. Strange bright sparks like ti...