Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pictures from Bainbridge Island. Can You Say Vacation?

After a 14 hour car ride and two amazingly good children we arrived at Bainbridge Island, WA. It is beautiful with it's tall trees and lots of water. The quote of the day was from Ella who said, "I wanna look at da big pond."


I am always amazed when I see trees as precariously perched as this one along the shoreline.


Ella likes the little kid chairs at out rental cottage. They are on the porch an she thought they were just right to bring out her blanket and bunny for a little snuggle. While we were watching the local fauna including chickadees, towhees and hummingbirds I caught site of something big moving through the trees.... Bragging rights go out to the first reader who can id this bird.


We have spent some time terrorizing downtown BI on bicycle and Mike has not yet been chased along the street with disgruntled towns people, but that is only a day away from occurring. Mike likes to ride his bike down steps and bunny hop benches and shrubs and such... We did however spare the city center from Mikes presence by visiting a waterfront park where Wyatt and his Dad could pedal in total freedom.


Ella and I brought up the rear in the stroller and Ella thought pulling the beanie down over her eyes was the best fun in the world.


That's better!


Finally, here's a picture of Ella and I along the rocky shore line.


Tomorrow we will go to Seattle on the ferry! That is always so much fun. Driving a car onto a boat is always a little exciting and strange to me.

I will be back visiting blogs next week. I just wanted to put up a brief summary just so ya'll know why I have been kind of sparse lately. Bye for now!!

21 comments:

The Mind of a Mom said...

Ohh it looks so nice! Hope your having fun!

theUngourmet said...

I love cottages! Looks like a great time!

In 1985 I went on a trip to Alaska with my boyfriend and his family. We had to drive the RV onto a ferry and take an overnight ride through the AL-Can waters. We saw whales and the Northern Lights. It was a neat experience!

Have lots of fun on your trip!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I most recently moved from Whidbey Island to here in West Texas. What a change. I liked to ride the ferries too, but boy aren't they spendy.

Hope you continue to have loads of fun on your vacation! Keep yer eyes peeled for sea lions (seals) and whales and such! Also otters!!! Otters are MUCH bigger than you think they are...

I can't see the bird very well, so many birds up there, we liked to watch the kingfishers hover.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Have fun!

Ella is SO CUTE!

Suzi said...

Looks like you are having a good time. It's beautiful there.

My bird guess is a falcon/hawk, but I can't say which one it is. Don't know all the names of every bird.

See you soon and drive safe.

brokenteepee said...

It's gorgeous up there. We spent some time there when we were on our 3 year fifthwheel odyssey across the country.

I also go with the falcon guess. Peregrine?
My eyes are bad. I will blame it on that....

Julia said...

So on the raptor you ladies are getting close. HINT: Accipiter.

jtbrown said...

It seems like it was a peaceful and fun trip. I love the pictures. I would love to take this type of vacation. I haven't had one in 7 years.

Tink said...

Looks like a hawk in your photo. I lived in Seattle it's a great place to vacation. lol

Unknown said...

Looks like a great vacation. I am SO ready for one about now.

Mammatalk said...

It looks gorgeous. Hope you are having fun!

Anonymous said...

looks like a Peregrine falcon to me! Hi drop into your site from time to time, enjoy it.

LifeRamblings said...

ella is such a cutie pie.

enjoy your vacation. take care.

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

Looks like a great getaway!

My guess is that bird is a falcon.

Frogs in my formula said...

I'm happy you're having a lovely trip. Enjoy it!

The Silver Age Sara said...

What a lovely spot. I'm so glad you're getting to go on vacation. Ella as always is a doll.

Debbie said...

What great photos.
Yes, trees like that always amaze me too!

DiPaola Momma said...

Okay, I'm gonna go there, do forgive.. but these pics remind me of the Twiglight books. Sad, yes I've stooped to following the crowd reading teenager lit.. but at least it's not Harlequin romance! I love the pics babe.. hope you feel all relaxed and fab.

Elizabeth Leigh said...

wow, it sure looks beautiful there!! Enjoy your vaca and can't wait to see more photos when u get a chance!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi- What a trip, just great! And how awesome that the kids love it too. I think the bird is a Merlin, but can't see the cheek well enough to be sure.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. What a great vacation. Did anyone guess the bird? I'll say black tail hawk.

The Day the Swallows Came Home

The tree swallows are here already.  They arrived January 30 much to my dismay.  Swooping and calling and chirping their merry song over my ...