Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DeCode Wednesday

Today, I'm Joining Maricris at Zen Ventures with Decode Wednesday. This is a game where your pictures are not quite what they seem. You're supposed to "decode" what's really going on. So here goes...

Gentle Children-Start Your Engines!!!!


Let the Dump Truck Races Begin...

With a steely glint in his eye and a wheel over the staring line, Wyatt aims to win. Meanwhile, Ella's looking for her pit crew...


Here are my kids running a muck with their dump trucks loaded up with toys. They do hot laps like Nascar drivers up and down my tiny hallway and skid recklessly across the kitchen floor leaving black tire tracks that are almost impossible to remove. Add in the careening into the cabinets and chairs, and this is just a load of fun.

Ella's in the lead! Go Baby Go!


With these joyful events, my children are capable of screeching at decibels levels that deafens all the dogs in a one mile radius of our home, so it's no wonder that the ringing in my own ears reflects premature hearing loss. I also think dolphins start beaching themselves on the coast when Wyatt yells at pitches inaudible to the human ear drum.

But what else am I to do when it is raining outside?? I just let the half-lings frolic like they've eaten 14 bowls of sugar coated hyper pops.

But wait... What is this? Do you see what I see? Is there something shiny in the bed of these trucks? Is it an oasis? A mirage? Be it silver colored? Be it a beverage of some kind or another?


"Aha!" you say... You are becoming enlightened. These dump truck races are actually a formulated and premeditated............
"Parental Beverage Delivery System."


This is the only way for parents to endure the indoor crash-up derby. I think Daddy Mike can have the first beer. I'll get a fresh one from the fridge...thankyouverymuch!

Mystery Solved

17 comments:

Sandy said...

I came by to Welcome you to SITS!
It's great to have you as part of the SITStahood!

Elizabeth Leigh said...

haha... cute post!! good luck on passing that room temp beer to your hubby:)

Michelle said...

Loved this story. Looks like the kids have a blast doing this. I sure could use a beverage delivery system like this. Especially if it's a nice cold beer. LOL! I might have to try this with my four year old.

angi_b72 said...

Stopping by from SITS to welcome you...What a cute blog.

Nicole said...

Oh, you're good-really good! I'm going to have to get Kate a dump truck for sure (make it pink...) Your daughter with her tongue out--that's priceless! *funnies*

Just Lisa said...

HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

Daddy better watch out... too many crashes will make for a beer explosion when he opens it!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! Now I have to go out and buy a dump truck for my daughter-- thank goodness! I was getting so tired of going to the refrigerator every 20 minutes!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I should be working all of my son's energy for useful purposes.

Welcome to SITS!

MaricrisG said...

Very Clever and very creative! I wouldn't have guessed of any of it. LOL! Thanks for joining today! Hope to see more of this wonderful photos next week!

MaricrisG said...

Btw, I also grabbed your button and put it in here http://zenforyou.dalefg.net/2008/06/mom-blogs-are-listed-here.html

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my, that is hilarious. I've got to tell my husband about that one, maybe he'd agree to have more children!

Tink said...

That is so funny, They are good little gofers.

Debbie said...

Now that is some smart parenting! You should give classes.

Dto3 said...

That's why I kept having kids! Just, grooming them for the waiting gigs they'll have in college, I always say.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

they look like they are having so much fun! that is so funny that you use their game as a beer delivery system, haha!

welcome to SITS!

Ash said...

Oh my word!! That is hilarious!!

I adore when my boys speed through the halls with their cars - Kachow!

A wetland scientist? That sounds like the most fascinating job on the planet. Seriously. I'll be back!

Welcome to SiTS!! Em

Kendra said...

OMG I am totally rolling over here...LOL

Anonymous said...

I totally can't wait for the day when my Kid knows how to whip up a "shaken, not stirred, with 3 olives, dry martini!" just kidding. but at least he can learn to grab the beer outta the fridge!

P.S. Word verification = nontramp
thankyouverymuch I have been waiting for someone to tell me that.

The Day the Swallows Came Home

The tree swallows are here already.  They arrived January 30 much to my dismay.  Swooping and calling and chirping their merry song over my ...