Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Year Later in Our Simple Life

It's Our Blogiversary!!

"Meow."

That's"Greetings to you people in 'cat'." I will write in human for your sake since after all I know you all don't understand cat.

Why am I here today? Good question.

The tall lady is celebrating one year of blogging as of today. All these words and sentences and paragraphs are really hard on a cat. I have had to learn new things just to understand the humans. But I am a special cat, sent for extraordinary feats.

I appeared at the beginning of her stories and strange interpretations and explanations of the place we live. It is undeniable that the tall lady can be kind and generous, penny pinching and miserly, wordy and annoying, and strict and totalitarian; she is many things, but not very simple.

The loud man, the tall ladies male person, says that the tall lady is cheating on him when she writes for her blog. But I think stories about me are excellent. How is writing about me cheating?? I think the loud man likes to say crazy things just to annoy the tall woman.

But since I am feline, I have to provide commentary about this anniversary stuff. I am a good cat after all. And a Lucky cat. Actually, I KNOW her first post on this blog was about ME. You could read about how the tall lady found me here.

The tall lady dragged me out from that dreadful culvert pipe across the hot black surface where the cars go really fast. If it weren't for her I don't know what would have happened to me. That pipe was cold and I don't know where my brothers and sisters went. Mom seemed to be missing too. Somehow I got separated from them, but it all ended well I guess. I am a cat. I make due. And sometimes I live like a king, especially when the short lady, who lives next door, lets me sleep on the kids beds. But that is a huge secret since the quiet man is allergic to me and I make him sneeze.

This is me below when I was about 14 weeks old. I was a little runt. Well, I still am a little runt. What can I say? I am petite.


The little humans are strange creatures, always running around and digging or yelling. Sometimes I chase them when I am feeling especially frisky. But being a black cat I tire easily in the heat and then go to my secret hiding place for a few hours of rest. They still don't know where my retreat is. I am stealth like that.

Sometimes I hide in the trees. Kind of like a big leopard cat, lounging on a branch. The tall lady has spied me in my favorite cottonwood, but I don't think she is going to blow my cover.

But about the tall lady who writes this blog. I heard her thinking about why she started her blog.

Yes, we cats can hear you think.

The tall lady wanted to document life for her human kittens, so they would have something in writing about what happened when they were little. For example, who would have known about when Wyatt tried to wash my butt without the tall lady's writing about it. Or the time the tall lady thought I was dead. Or how I tolerate the little humans wrapping me in blankets. Or how she feels about daylight savings. Or how the loud man makes her Insane Type I or Insane Type II. See I can think beyond my self even though I am a cat!!

Additionally, for her anniversary the tall lady was thinking about her very first follower El at Expanding the Family, who showed up from somewhere in the blogspher giving her encouragement in her writing efforts. El gave the tall lady hope that her words were being read and enjoyed by other people. Why do humans want this? We cats don't care one paw swipe about what others think. Hmmm. Then Yaya at Yaya Stuff started following. And then more humans followed too.

For some reason those first few followers were significant to the tall lady on this anniversary. She told me so, I did not have to read her mind. We cats don't ever show much appreciation for anything, BUT she wanted me to say Thank You to them and Thank You to ALL of the other people who read the blog and make comments on the inane human babble that she writes. OK, maybe I made up the part about inane... but it is human babble.

Well, I gotta go. I saw a moth flutter by the window. Moths make me twitch. And I am hungry again. I have not passed enough toxic cat gas lately, so I need some ammunition to stink up the humans house. It's all in a days work for a cat. I guess I can wish the tall lady a happy anniversary too. But it will be telepathically for sure.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your writing!

Happy blogoversary!!!

Rural Rambler said...

Well you are a "Lucky" cat to have been chosen by the Tall Lady to announce the One Year Anniversary of this fun, beautiful, makes me laugh and smile blog. I have been hangin' here for quite awhile but have remained silent till today. It certainly seems appropriate for me to speak up and thank the Tall Lady for all the wonderful reads here at her blog. I would also like to thank her for her visit to my blog, it gave me a happy heart this morning :) I would also like to thank her for Explore Missouri which I found on her blog roll.

Happy One Year Anniversary Julia! I am looking forward to your second year of blogging "Our Simple Life"!!

Oh and a "Kitty Meow" to you Lucky!

Teena in Toronto said...

You're a cutie!

Happy blogoversary!

brokenteepee said...

Happy Day!

It comes up fast, doesn't it? I certainly enjoy the tall lady's tales of horses, cats, birds, children and featherless chickens.

I look forward to more.

I have heard that if you eat lost and lots of grasshoppers you will stink the place up good.

Suzi said...

Happy Blogaversary! Great day yesterday, thanks for the fun and food.

The Social Frog said...

Happy Blogoversary to you as well :) Thanks for visiting!

xashee's corner said...

ADORABLE!!! HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!! :)
i am hoping the spiders in your previous post, are all OUTSIDE!!! ew! :) Have a HAPPY day! :D

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Now why did Lucky's ramblings make me cry????

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Liz Mays said...

Happy Blogiversary! My trips over here are interesting, fun, and educational. You have it all!

LifeRamblings said...

Happy Blogiversary!

karenscarvie said...

I can't think of a more delightful blog anywhere. Your writing is rich with imagery, humor, wisdom, and wit. Such a wonderful gift to those of us who appreciate good writing and to Wyatt and Ella for whom your stories will be a feast and treasure later in life. Many thanks and, of course, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Tell the tall lady that Ratty wishes her blog a happy anniversary too. I only speak a little cat, so you'll have to translate this into cat and then to telepathy language.

Grand Pooba said...

What a lucky cat you are to have the tall lady in your life! I for one love the stories about you because I have cats of my own and now that I know all cats are telepathic, I will now communicate to them through my mind.

Thank you for that! Please tell the tall lady that this tall lady says happy blogiversary!

Frogs in my formula said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you keep posting.

theUngourmet said...

Happy Anniversary! It's such a pleasure visiting your blog. It makes me happy!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Happy blogoversary to a very talented writer. I hope you'll be blogging for many years to come.

Aunt Spicy said...

YAHOO! Congrats! What a fabulous world you have created for us!

The Day the Swallows Came Home

The tree swallows are here already.  They arrived January 30 much to my dismay.  Swooping and calling and chirping their merry song over my ...