Thursday, July 23, 2009

When the Random Takes Over

This week has been slightly annoying.

My new fancy computer crashed it's hard drive like a car careening into the k-rail on the interstate. BAM!!! Call 911! Call 911! There's lots of blood. I need to get a tourniquet. I think there are some broken bones too. Ohhhh Noooooooo.....

But at least our computer guy was able to pull out all my files and save them from the black hole and dark abyss of lost data.

I proudly can say that I did manage to pull almost 90 percent of the photo files off my ailing computer in *safe mode* (what the heck are the asterisks suppose to mean instead of quotes?) and make a back up so I am not totally an idiot when it comes to this computer garbage...

Meanwhile, with my warrantied parts flying ever so swan-like toward the west coast, I have been working off "ole Bessie" my 8 year old laptop who I fear will implode if I look at her the wrong way. She does not like the heat and enjoys ice cold sweet tea. I have to be nice to her. And to top it off I am strapped to my home office with Bessie, which is located in a separate building then my primary domicile, and therefore I can not blog as freely as normal.

Remember "Bad Mommy?" Well there'd be a lot more of that if I ventured in to my office for blogging time. Potentially entertaining for you, but possibly disastrous for me. You see, normally I use my wireless router to connect to the internet with the "new" computer in the house cause we're technologically advanced like that even out in red-neck hell.

But I digress.... Work has been busy and with the rush to get out some documents, and thus I have been furiously writing and reading technical reports. I feel a twitch beginning in my left eye. Can you tell?

Meanwhile summer swim lessons in the afternoon continue to plague me like my own personalized level of hell in Dante's Inferno as I daily coerce my son into doing what he is asked of by his swim instructor.

I shall explain.

Swim instructor gives directives.
Wyatt talks at her.
Swim instructor gives directives.
Wyatt talks at her...
Swim instructor gives directives.
Wyatt talks at her...
Two minutes later he complies.

THIS MAKES ME CIRCUS FREAK CRAZY. (no offense to circus freaks...) How do you get kids to just follow directions the first time???

Note to Wyatt: SHUT UP AND GET IN THE POOL!

In contrast, Ella loves the pool and is already jumping in while holing my hands and bobbing beneath the water. This same feat is excruciating for Wyatt. He resembles a 400 year-old redwood tree with stiffened arms, legs, and body. It's definitely going to sink.

Then there is the random pulling of corn stalks out of the field by my fearless son Wyatt. I have already banned him from entering the rows and have threatened severe bodily harm if he disobeys. But to no avail. Methinks I need a bigger stick.

And the popping of bike tires by cousins who are ramming each other with bicycles which are not their own sends me in to a tizzy as well.

Well, at least there is Trader Joe's Kettle Corn. Mmmmm good. I think I'll eat me a bag or two.

Oh the joys of the lazy days of summer...

15 comments:

MsSnarkyPants said...

OMG Don't even get me started on swim lessons!!! Nicky is in a class of like 7 other 3 year olds with two instructors, which would be just fine with NORMAL 3 year olds, but my son is ridiculously brave and doesn't follow directions either! So the first day of class he went under twice while crawling around other kids on the side...one time for a full 30 seconds, which caused lifeguards to come running blowing whistles(Bryon got there first and pulled him out) and caused me to spew forth highly inappropriate words for someone surrounded by children.

Yesterday was better though...

Sorry about your computer!!!

Suzi said...

Just throw Wyatt in the pool. I threaten Trevor when it looks like he is about to bolt from the swim lesson. He complies very quickly.

brokenteepee said...

I am so sorry about your computer. That just blows.

Good luck.

The Mind of a Mom said...

Oh that is my girl, she hated water so bad. We called them screaming lessons not swimming lessons. It will work out hang in there

Sara said...

Yeah, I'd almost say toss him in. At least threaten it. :D My work got crazy busy. I thought of you while walking 180 acres. All those weeds... I'm sure they would have been riveting for you, but I just snatched a few berries off the vine as I walked by and snapped a picture of the massive pile of poop I almost stepped in. Love Summer!

Frogs in my formula said...

I love the "SHUT UP AND GET IN THE POOL!" We have a talker--I feel your frustration.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Maybe the water is too chilly for Wyatt.

I don't know what to think about the pulling up of corn stalks!

Sorry yr computie messed up on you. Very clever to save those files via Safe Mode!

Get back to work.

xashee's corner said...

sorry about your computer but sure GLAD you got most everything saved! i rely on when my honey can make time, to burn things to cd... i REALLY have to learn it myself, so i can back up ANYTIME i want!! i wish i had some good advice for ya but my kids (now 35 and 24, don't say it!! lol i know i am old!) both LOVE the water!
it definitely made for GREAT blogging though! :D Thank you for sharing the smiles! Have a SUPER day!!

Nicole said...

We just returned from some fun-in-the-sun at the pool... (I can relate) ;) Thanks for the giggles!

Liz Mays said...

LOL, your summer is wacky doodles!

And, just so you know you're not alone, it's computer ugliness over here too. I feel your pain.

theUngourmet said...

Well I think I better get my butt back over to Trader Joe's and pick me up a couple bags of that Kettle Corn! Crunchy stuff is supposed to be a good stress reliever, isn't it???

The Silver Age Sara said...

So sorry about your computer crash. Sounds like Wyatt is just being his usual mischievous self. He's going to be something when he's a teen.

Anonymous said...

The 7 yr old I nanny for literally screams and cries at her swim instructor....

Lisa said...

I love your description of your laptop! Too funny.

Elizabeth Leigh said...

ahh swim lessons. I hated them as a kid. the water was always OH SO COLD and i never could relax enough to really even try. i still hate cold water to this day. At least ella is a water baby... wyatt - well, theres still time for improvement:)

The Day the Swallows Came Home

The tree swallows are here already.  They arrived January 30 much to my dismay.  Swooping and calling and chirping their merry song over my ...