Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Aprons, Aprons Everywhere!

Good Thursday to everyone!!

Today I am following a theme at The Apron Goddesses for Aprons, Aprons Everywhere. Thus, here are some pictures of ME in my apron and MY FAVORITE ROOSTER: Mr. D (or Rooster D as Ella calls him).

Me and my Nemesis...


Yes you all are laughing about now since this is the rooster who spurred me unmercifully a few weeks ago. You see we are having a truce for a few minutes so he can be my prop. See, we can be friends for the sake of a photo shoot!

This apron was a gift from Cynthia at the Cupcake Provocateur! She clued in on the fact we had chickens and thought I would like this particular pattern. The roosters and eggs instantly were appealing to me! She is one smart cookie...or should I say cupcake?

I will keep my disdain for the enemy in check for the moment. You see, I am hiding his rear end since he is bald back there. I am thinking in a few long months he will have a glorious tail to show. Or at least I hope. With no more feather plucking hens he should grow something.

I have some news about our chickens that may come as no surprise. All the foul fowl are in the deep freeze except for Mr. D. If you care for the carnage you can check it out at Suzi's blog HERE. Warning, the graphic details of dead chickens may horrify you.

Mr D. was sparred the ax for some reason or another. Maybe it was the shrieking fits of hysteria from Suzi's middle son, Trevor. Maybe it was my appreciation of this rooster's warrior attitude. Maybe Mr. D is a ninja. Maybe it was just plain guilt... I will feign love for Mr. D right now. He needs it after the trauma of seeing his flock decimated before his very eyes. Oh the horror!

But regardless, Mr. D will live to see the new chickens that will arrive this Saturday. I CAN'T WAIT!!! They have feathers!!!!

Ella, not wanting to be left out, had to get her apron on and join in the fun. Please forgive her bad case of bed head. Sometimes she won't be groomed...


She's just a little miss sassy pants!


To see more pictures of apron wearing folks jump over to The Apron Goddesses and follow the breadcrumbs at Mr. Linky!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute post...I love the aprons and Ella is such a cutie.

The Silver Age Sara said...

You both look adorable. I can't believe that evil rooster was spared. At least he entertains us with his misadventures.

Jingle said...

HA! I love that actually have a rooster to pose with and I love even more that you refer to him as your nemesis! LOL! Your little girl looks adorable!

Suzi said...

Lovin' Ella's hair and very cheeky grin!

It was amazing how Mr. D. was in such a trance during the photo shoot. He must have had some faint memory of all his ladies being caught and never coming back. Maybe that was his way to make you think he really wasn't there.

I love your new rooster/hen apron. I think it is my favorite of all yours.

xashee's corner said...

the rooster looks absolutely LOVELY! sure hope those tail feathers come in soon! :) Thank you so much for sharing the smiles this morning!! :) Have a GREAT day!!

brokenteepee said...

I thought you were looking forward to Mr.D fricasse.

Ella looks too precious for words.

I meant to be up and ready for this but my Sunday just messed me up for the whole week.

theUngourmet said...

That big old brat sure is one beautiful rooster! I'm glad to see the two of you have made nice!

Your daughter looks too cute standing in the corn field!

Thanks for doing this today, it's really fun! :0)

Julia said...

Pricilla-I just don't know. I guess I am a softie after all. He is getting a little better now and not so aggressive and he is so pretty on the front half. I am holding out hope for the best with Mr.D.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I am NOT going to go over there and look at chicken-killing. I can tell this is NOT a certified vegan blog...it's bad enough to watch husband and son chawing on beef jerky all the livelong day...at least there was one survivor -- Mr. D, watch out, yr initial stands for DELICIOUS or maybe DEEP-FRIED...

Well, dearie, you look very fetching in yr apron, and Ella is as cute as Christmas in her apron, too, posing like Mama...

Jennifer said...

Both you and your daughter look adorable! And I really love your chicken/egg apron ... I want to make myself one of those bias tape aprons real soon ... yup, I'll get right on that, I'm sure LOL!

The Mind of a Mom said...

ohhh E is too cute, posing.

Debbie said...

You both look so cute. Love your apron.

Anonymous said...

I like your apron! (I found you through this meme) Your daughter is too cute! :)

LifeRamblings said...

i like both aprons and Ella always looks cute. happy weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Love her little model pose! And your apron is awesome. Love that Mr. D stole your heart! Hehe. I've always had a thing for the bad boys too.

Elizabeth Leigh said...

That little Ella is looking SO grown up these days!!!

The Day the Swallows Came Home

The tree swallows are here already.  They arrived January 30 much to my dismay.  Swooping and calling and chirping their merry song over my ...